Delray Beach to ‘Light 100 Ft Christmas Tree’ at Old School Square on Thursday
“The holidays are in full swing in Delray Beach and the annual lighting ceremony for the world famous 100 Ft Christmas Tree is this Thursday, December 1, from 5 to 9 pm,” says Stephanie Immelman, executive director of the Delray Beach Marketing Cooperative.
“The DBMC, the organization responsible for putting on the city’s Christmas activities and New Year’s Eve celebration, is in holiday mode preparing for what is sure to be a merry, busy season this year. The 100 Ft Christmas Tree is back in its normal location with activities such as ice skating and the carousel being relocated to Old School Square Park which will be the new home of the Tree next year in celebration of its 25th Anniversary,” she adds, inviting residents, visitors and festive families to come out this Thursday to help kick-off the holiday season.
Santa will cruise to Delray in style in a convertible from Delray Buick GMC this Thursday to light the 100 Ft Christmas Tree during the annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. The Tree will then be open to visitors from December 2 through January 1, and for a suggested dollar donation visitors can walk inside it to witness the holiday magic.
In addition, Santa has been nice enough to drag himself from his diligent toy making in the North Pole to visit with children at his Delray home by the 100 Ft Christmas Tree from the night of the Tree Lighting until December 23. Check the website schedule for exact days and times. Santa will also be doing several Cookie Cruises throughout the month on the Lady Atlantic. Other holiday happenings throughout the month include a carousel ride, kiddie train, ice-skating and mini-golf, plus The Holiday Boat Parade, the Holiday Parade, Screen on the Green and the Menorah Lighting.
“This holiday season we are making it about our locals. We have a fun schedule of activities and events for everyone who is home for the holidays,” says Immelman. “For example, Old School Square has programed some wonderful shows during December such as Carols by Candlelight and the Russian Ballet. The small town community of Delray Beach provides a warm holiday feeling for residents and guests alike.”
The month of December rounds out with a free, family friendly New Year’s Eve Celebration in Old School Square Park from 5 to 9 pm.
“The weather is no longer hot but the town is just heating up, so get ready for another fun filled holiday season in Delray Beach,” urges Immelman. For a complete holiday schedule and a detailed list of events and activities, please go towww.100FtChristmasTree.com.
Save the Date – Holiday Events in Delray Beach
- December 1:
- Tree Lighting from 5 to 9 pm Tree Lighting
- December 2:
- Free Friday Night Concert at 7 pm at Old School Square Pavilion
- December 3, 10 & 17:
- Cookie Cruise with Santa at 10 am on the Lady Atlantic
- December 3:
- Carols by Candlelight featuring the Little River Band, Stephen Bishop & Kim Carnes at 7 pm at Old School Square Pavilion
- December 4:
- Empty Bowls Benefit from 11 am to 2pm at Old School Square Park
- December 4:
- Shanghai Acrobats at 7 pm at Old School Square
- December 9:
- Holiday Boat Parade at 5:30 pm on the Intracoastal Waterway
- December 10:
- Holiday Parade at 6 pm down Atlantic Avenue
- December 17:
- Screen on the Green at 6:30 pm at Old School Square Park
- December 24:
- Menorah Lighting at 6 pm at Old School Square Front Lawn
- December 24:
- The Avenue Church Candlelight Service at 7 pm at the Old School Square Pavilion
- December 26:
- Russian Ballet at 730 pm at Old School Square Pavilion
- December 31:
- Family Friendly New Year’s Eve Celebration from 5 to 9 pm at Old School Square grounds