Site icon The Boca Raton Tribune

Superstar Salesperson – “Nancy”

In my second book, “The Turnaround,” I told a true story about a wholesale computer distributor that I turned around from a company that was doing $48 million in sales and losing almost $1 million to sales of $130 million and made a profit of more than 4 million dollars.

When I first joined the company, the sales team consisted of 17 women. One of the women on the sales team did 55% of the total sales, and the other 16 salespeople did the other 45%. It did not take a rocket scientist to figure out that if I was able to get all the salespeople performing like the superstar doing 55% of the sales, this turnaround was going to be fairly simple and quick to be successful.

Initially, I spent a lot of time observing the superstar trying to figure out why she was so effective as a salesperson. Her name was Nancy. It took me less than a week to thoroughly understand the “tools” that Nancy used to generate her success.

Nancy’s success was huge. She made over 700,000 dollars during the first year when I joined the company. I made a comprehensive list of Nancy’s sales habits. I used the list to do sales training with the balance of the sales team. Our sales meetings were every Friday from 3 to 5 PM. When I first joined the company, many of the sales team scheduled fake sales meeting on Friday afternoon, so I scheduled the sales meetings, only the meetings were not fake!

Growing the sales from 48 to 130 million dollars only took us nine months. If we would have not sold the company that September, the sales would have been close to 180 million dollars. Needless to say, Nancy’s sales skills made this business a highly successful turnaround.

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is Robert_Curry-2_6_18-e1546960518526.jpg

My name is Robert Curry, and I am an Author, CEO Coach, Keynote Speaker, and Turnaround Specialist. Over the past 20 years, I have worked with more than 70 companies taking their businesses from Loses to Profits.

Please click on the links below to read my other articles like Superstar Salesperson – “Nancy”

Successful Companies Hire the Right People!

 Your Employees Know What’s Wrong!

New Incentive Plan Produced Better Results

Successful Companies Hire the Right People!

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is image-23.png

I have recently published two books about turnarounds: “From Red to Black – A Business Turnaround” and “The Turnaround.” Both books are true stories about turnarounds of real companies that I have turned around during my career. In both books, I have shared all my Profit Improvement Recommendations (“PIR’s”). PIR’s helped to grow sales, reduce expenses, improve cash flow, and most importantly, strengthen the management teams.

If the information in this article Superstar Salesperson – “Nancy” helps you, your family or a business associate, please email me at and please share the story with me.

If you would like to purchase either or both books autographed by the author, please click on the following link:

Exit mobile version