Published On: Tue, Oct 29th, 2019

Palm Beach County School District to Discuss Filing Lawsuit Against Juul Labs, Inc.

In the midst of all the new Bill proposals to ring in the New Year, the School District of Palm Beach County may file a lawsuit against the vaping product, Juul.

Vaping has become one of the biggest issues among the millennial generation that the School District hopes to combat.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention show 34 vaping-related deaths and 1,604 vaping-related illnesses in America just this year.

Thus, the goal of this litigation would be to somehow steer students away from vaping.

The lawsuit would be of no cost to the school district and if they receive a settlement from Juul Labs, Inc then 75 percent of it will go to the school district while the other 25 percent would be for the law firms representing the district.

According to WPTV, the School Board will discuss a potential lawsuit against Juul Labs Inc. at a board meeting on Wednesday.

Support your local newspaper with a contribution of any size. Click Here.

About the Author

- I am currently a Senior at Florida Atlantic University studying Communications. I am a Content Writer for the Boca Tribune with a recent emphasis on PR and Marketing. I love to write and share my opinion with others.

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>