Published On: Wed, Sep 6th, 2017

Comcast Opens Free Xfinity WiFi Service across Florida to Aid Residents, Emergency Personnel

With the threat of Hurrican Irma looming in the Atlantic, Comcast, which has more than 137,000 WiFi hotspots across Florida, announced on Wednesday that it will open its Xfinity WiFi hotspots to non-customers in an effort to help keep residents and emergency workers connected.

For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors in places such as shopping districts, parks and businesses, visit Xfinity.com/wifi.

Once in range of a hotspot, select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.

Xfinity internet customers can sign in with their usernames and passwords and they will be automatically connected to Xfinity WiFi hotspots in the future.

Non-Xfinity internet subscribers should visit the “Not an Xfinity Internet Customer” section on the sign-in page to get started. Non-customers will be able to renew their complimentary sessions every 2 hours through September 15.

“We know it’s critically important for everyone to have a means of communication at their disposal before, during and after a storm with the potential impact of Hurricane Irma,” said Amy Smith, senior vice president for Comcast’s Florida Region via a press release. “By activating our WiFi hotspot network across the state now before the storm, we increase the chance that more people can stay connected. It’s something we’re proud to do for our communities and our state at a time when we all need to support each other.”

Displaying 8 Comments
Have Your Say
  1. Terri says:

If you I’d really want to help, i suggest giving the Weather Channel to everyone for free during natural disasters like hurricanes, etc.

2. Sharon plummer says:

Free Wi-Fi yet we have no service and cannot find anyone to tell us when we will. No television but more importantly, no Internet.

3. Toni fowles says:

You suck! Worse company in Florida!

4. Gustavo says:

Att worked during the storm, dish network worked during the storm, fpl restored power to thousands of customers and this expensive xfinity is taking forever and nobody in customer sevice know when are we gonna get back in business. Cable is not better, Irma was a good test.

5. Buzz says:

It’s been 5 days and yet to see a Comcast Xfinity repair truck. Can’t sign on to your account. No Communications just a boilerplate message at Xfinity.

6. Amanfa says:

Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Though I hate writing this on the internet I have no choice because I can’t get anyone to give me an answer or transfer me correctly. I asked for a manager 4 times and was turned down. I spoke to 16 people and my problem still isn’t solved. I will never give this company service again and I certainly hope they see this. Absolutely horrible service and customer service. Ridiculous

7. Brfw says:

This is sad. 7 days no phone tv or internet.no andwers.no one knows anything.no updates like the say on app.I will be looking as will hundreds of others for alternatives

8. Mad Customer says:

I can understand that y’all open up your Wi-Fi for everyone in Florida after the hurricane but now the Wi-Fi I pay for keeps turning off.. now I pay good money for my Wi-Fi technical support doesn’t help people that pay for it with their hard earn money want it fix DAMMIT!!!! TAKE CARE OF Y’ALL PAYING CUSTOMERS!!!