Boca Beat 10/14
- Congratulations to all 2017 OPAL Awards Honorees. The event, which will take place January 14 at Boca West Country Club, will have the following as Honorees: Jordan Zimmerman, Arthur Adler, Yvonne Boice-Zucaro, and Petter & Carmel Baronoff. The OPAL Awards honor outstanding people and leaders that have contributed through volunteerism to make our community a better place to live, learn, work and play. Proceeds from the gala will benefit the Rotary Club of Boca Raton’s service missions including Youth Scholarship Programs.
- Walk to support American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer on Saturday, October 22. Registration begins at 6:30am, Walk begins at 8:30am from the Mizner Park Amphitheater (590 Plaza Real The City Of Boca Raton, Florida 33432. For more information visit: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCCY16FL?pg=entry&fr_id=77288
- Raw Juce in Boca Raton is hosting a “Fitness Crawl” on Friday, October 14 starting at 5:30pm. Guests are invited to participate in a healthy fitness crawl where they will run from studio to studio experiencing different gyms and work outs. Participants will register at Raw Juce from 5:30-6:00pm and will be broken up into three groups of 12. Each group will begin at a different fitness studio and rotate to the next! After they have experienced all three studios everyone will end on the rooftop of Raw Juce where they will enjoy a 20 minute cool down yoga session with Alexis from The Yoga Joint. From 8:00-8:30pm guests will enjoy free food, cold pressed juce and music by DJ Sal. All participants will be entered in a raffle to earn cool prizes from our sponsors and will be gifted with a goodie bag at the end of the event. Tickets for the event are being sold via Eventbrite.com for $25 each and ALL proceeds are being donated to the Broward Children’s Center in Pompano Beach
- Getting to and from Interstate 95 via Yamato Road will be a little more time consuming for for the next week with scheduled repairs to a railroad crossing. The Florida Department of Transportation and the South Florida Regional Transportation Authority will close Yamato Road at the crossing, just west of I-95, from 5 a.m. Oct. 14 until 5 a.m. Oct. 19, weather permitting. During the closure, workers will remove existing tracks, install new tracks, replace crossing surface and install new traffic control devices. All traffic will be detoured away from the tracks. Drivers should expect the following detour
- The 1st Annual Hispanic Walk for Health offered a wide array of family friendly activities for health and wellness at the Peter Blum Family YMCA of South Palm Beach County on Sunday, October 1. Despite gray skies, there were bright faces of children and adults as they pre-walk Zumba and post walk fun made it a wonderful day. Stay tuned for news regarding next years!
- The Fourth Annual Hope Bash Boca is 6:30 p.m. Oct. 28 at Boca West Country Club. For sponsorship opportunities and additional event information, visit placeofhoperinker.org. Tickets at $250 each will be available for purchase online late summer.
- Boca gets its first Microsoft store in the county at 11 a.m. Nov. 3 with 100 gift cards worth $100 to $1,000 and the first 200 get a ticket to attend a meet and greet with retired Miami Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback Don Marino on Nov. 5. The 1,482 sq. ft. store is near Bloomingdales in the west central portion of Town Center. The store is one of only eight in Florida offering latest products, advise, trouble-shooting and repairs.
- Good Morning America news anchor Amy Robach and her husband Andrew Shue will be the keynote speakers at the 13th Annual Go Pink luncheon to benefit Boca Raton Regional Hospital Foundation in the fight against breast cancer. Save the date: October 21, 2016.
- Theatre Lab, Florida Atlantic University’s professional theater company, recently hosted a VIP Pre-Season Celebration to showcase the completion of renovations of its intimate 99-seat Heckscher Stage, preview the coming season and introduce their Matching Gift Challenge to raise private support for this exciting university and community endeavor.