Published On: Sat, Aug 13th, 2011

Boca Raton family displaced by early evening garage fire

 BOCA RATON – A Boca Raton family was displaced by a garage fire that broke out about 7:25 p.m. Aug. 8 in their home at 3244 NW 25 Way.  

 Public Information Officer Frank Correggio said the homeowner and child were at home and noticed a smell of smoke.  When they opened the inside door to their garage they saw heavy smoke and flames and immediately exited the home.  No one was injured.

 He said fire crews arrived to find smoke and flames coming from the garage.  They quickly extinguished it and used a Thermal Imaging Camera to check for possible fire extension and exhaust fans to help remove carbon monoxide and other deadly gases. 

 The Red Cross was called in to help the displaced family.  Fire officials estimate the damage at $75,000.00.  The fire is under investigation by the Office of the State Fire Marshal.

About the Author

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these html tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>