Boca Hospital presents excellence awards as part of National Nurses Week
The Nurse as Caring, Physician Nurse of the Year and the Nurse of the Year awards were presented during a special ceremony. The winners were selected from the Hospital’s Nurse Excellence Award category, which were also presented at that time.
Jerry J. Fedele, president and chief executive officer at Boca Raton Community Hospital, said, “Our awardees represent everything that is good in the art and science of nursing. We congratulate them on the high level of devotion and compassion they display in the care of our patients each and every day. These honorees were chosen by their peers, which makes the award exceptionally significant and meaningful.”
The following are the Nurse Excellence Award recipients and their categories:
DR. ANNE BOYKIN NURSE AS CARING AWARD – Tim McKinney, RN, Catheterization Lab/EP. Chosen by the Nursing Leadership Council, this individual goes above and beyond in portraying “caring” and compassionate patient care.
PHYSICIAN NURSE OF THE YEAR AWARD – Lucy Gombs, RN, Surgical Services. Voted upon by the BRCH physician medical executive committee and given to a nurse who provides exceptional patient care and outstanding clinical service.
CHRISTINE E. LYNN NURSE OF THE YEAR AWARD – Eden Borromeo, RN PCI/Interventional Service. Chosen by the Nursing Leadership Council, this individual demonstrates exceptional attributes in nursing.
Other excellence award recipients are:
- Cardiovascular Services: Lisa Joswick, RN
- PCI/Interventional Service: Eden Borromeo, RN
- Medical Telemetry: Carla Hanson, RN
- Surgical Services: Lucy Gombs, RN
- Orthopedics/Neurology: Lynette Rattigan, RN
- Oncology/Rockwell: Amy Cahan-Durling, RN
- Medical Services: Jessie Flores-Cayson, RN
- Women & Children’s: Sarah Hole, RN
- Critical Care: Sylvia “Cheryl” Berry, RN
- Emergency Department: Allison Kinney, RN
- Cath Lab/EPS: Tim McKinney, RN
- Perioperative Services: Karen Johnson, RN
- Nursing Resource Services: Mary Resnick, RN
- Case Management: Nancy Korsman, RN
- Outpatient Services: Michele Houfekz, RN
Boca Raton Community Hospital is an advanced tertiary medical center with 400 beds and more than 700 primary and specialty physicians on staff.
The hospital is a recognized leader in oncology, cardiovascular disease and surgery, minimally invasive surgery, orthopedics and women’s health, all of which offer state-of-the-art diagnostic and imaging capabilities.
The hospital is a Joint Commission Designated Primary Stroke Center.