Boca bits by Barry Epstein
- Word out of Washington D.C. is that former Congressman Robert Wexler is being encouraged to become U.S. Ambassador to Israel.
- Boca Raton resident Col. S. Buddy Harris was named a finalist in the Congressional Medal of Honor Foundation’s Citizen Service Above Self Award.
- Regulators have shut down Bank of Florida with a branch in Boca Raton and reopened as an Everbank out of Jacksonville, Florida
- Gatsby’s Restaurant in the Shoppes at Village Point has closed
- Former political candidate Nick Loeb is said to be courting ABC’s Modern Family star Sofia Vergara.
- Boca Raton resident Bruce Rosetto hosts a fundraiser for County Commissioner Steven Abrams Thursday June 3. Info at email@example.com.
- The new Sprint 4G phone goes on sale this Friday, June 4.
- Free doughnuts Friday, June 4 at Krispy Kreme and Dunkin’ Donuts. Enjoy!
- Radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh bites the bullet again by marrying Kathryn Rogers this Saturday, June 5 at his home in Palm Beach.
- Sincere condolences to the family of long time Boca veterinarian Dr. Charles (Chuck) Goby. A celebration of his life will be held Sunday, June 6 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Embassy Suites Hotel, I-95 and Yamato Road.
- Mary Jane Saunders begins her stint as president of Florida Atlantic University on June 7.
- The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office has a free baseball camp for children ages 7-13 on June 7. Contact Cpl. Brian Longsworth at 561-688-3000 or 561-558-2700 for details.
- State Attorney Michael McAuliffe speaks at the West Boca Chamber of Commerce breakfast sponsored by Generic RX at Boca Lago Country Club on Tuesday June 8. Details are at www.westbocachamber.com. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Installation Dinner celebrating Soroptimist of Boca’s 50th Anniversary, to be held at 6:00 p.m. on June 9th, will be at Brooks Restaurant on Federal Highway in Deerfield Beach. Contact Carmen Uceda at 929.5166 or email: email@example.com.
- The Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce breakfast is Thursday, June 10. Call 561.395.4433 for details or visit www.bocaratonchamber.com.
- “When the Sun Shone Brighter” is the final production of the Florida Stage Theatre in Manalapan until June 20, before the troupe move to the Rinker Playhouse in the Kravis Center with their first production of “Low Down Dirty Blues” opening July 17. The current political drama tells the story of a charismatic young Cuban-American Mayor of Miami, a politician of unlimited potential. But when he decides to run for the Senate, his own lust for power entangles him in a web of sex, lies and ambition. The play contains strong language, adult themes and brief frontal male nudity. Beware.
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Steven Abrams joined other local officials and residents for the grand opening of the Anthony V. Pugliese Miracle League Field located at Robert P. Miller Park in Delray Beach on May 15. The county provided $250,000 from the 2002 $50 million Recreational and Cultural Facilities Bond referendum towards the construction of the field. “
- “This is truly an innovative project that we should be very proud of. It will provide local residents with a special venue for years to come to enjoy America’s favorite pastime,” said Abrams. The new baseball field was built for special needs players. There are only two of these special fields in South Florida and only 233 nationwide.
- The field is smaller than a regular Little League field and features a surface made from recycled rubber for easy wheelchair movement. There are fixed bases, wheelchair ramps, shaded dugouts and a full concession stand. The Miracle League Field is located at the south end of the Robert P. Miller Park, just south of Linton Blvd at 1905 SW 4thh Street in Delray Beach.
GPS tracking for use in the current location, such as some devices such valuables, cars, trains, and so on. GPS jammer
to prevent the positioning tool that can effectively prevent the installation of this class equipment items to be tracked, compact and efficient.
People who want to buy Cell phone jammer instrument should read reviews of cell phone jammers.
Seguro Jamm0001, is a High Power cellphone jammer. It is effective at shutting down GSM and 3G cellphone signals.
mobile phone jammer
used in schools should be legalized because it can contribute to student learning and exam fairness.